Other Activities in The Area
The incredibly diverse terrain offers extreme technical cycling as well as gentle meanders.
Lounge by the pool or enjoy a massage.
Library and shop:
We have a selection of books available and a curio shop stocked with original, handmade crafts.
We are very happy to take you through the Waterberg to see other interesting sites, including:
• A local ‘Big Five’ game reserve, so you can try to find the lion and elephant we would rather not ride or walk with.
• Elephant Safari: you can take the opportunity of interacting with a number of trained African Elephants, which is the most enjoyable and educational experience. This is followed by a ride through the bush on elephant-back with an experienced elephant handler.
• A tour of Bushman paintings and Iron Age villages.
• On Sundays we go to a historic thatched church where you can meet local people and see the 1914 building designed by Sir Herbert Baker. Children can attend a colourful Sunday school where the Sotho children sing choruses in rousing harmony.
• We are happy to take you shopping in the local town where you will find a wide variety of African arts and crafts.
* Please check with the lodge on arrival as some of the above may not be available at the time.